Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Here is what we have been up to the last couple of weekends...

We hit up a couple yard sales and came home with these goodies.

 
 
I am working on painting this book shelf and side table with my free paint from Ace Hardware!



I have been enjoying the tray Rich built me out of pallets.


Right now I have it filled with Camellias and magnolia pods from our yard.


This weekend Rich and the gang participated in the 1st annual Chattanooga Challenge.  They ran a total of 8 1/2 miles and had to stop to complete various obstacles along the way.
Such as...

Crawling under 8 Volkswagen Passats.


Pushing blocks of ice in front of the aquarium.  Go Adam!


Scaling a caboose at the Chattanooga Choo!


Climbing over the See Rock City barn.



And finally making it to the finish line!!! Way to go Laura, Danny, Rich, and Adam!  Next year I may give it a go...


After watching Rich I had worked up quite the appetite so we stopped by Jackson's Bakery for some thumbprint cookies! 


We can't get enough of this little guy!  I never thought I would say that about a dog...those of you who know me know I have never been an animal person!


We discovered some visitors at our front door.  For the past two years I have had birds build nests in my wreaths!  I guess we need to be more observant so we can get the nests removed before eggs are laid.  

Hope you all enjoyed the first weekend of spring!


0 comments:

Post a Comment