Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weekend Happenings

 This was a super fun and busy weekend!

Friday night we threw a surprise 30th birthday for Rich's sister Rebecca.  I did not take any good pictures :(  Rich snapped this one of the birthday girl enjoying some nachos from the kitchen of Jane Bryan!  YUM!


Saturday was the 13th annual Christmas Tea at our church.  It was a lot of fun and gave me a chance to use the Christmas dishes I bought on the World's Longest Yard Sale!  This year was the first year that I hosted a table, but I think it may become a tradition!
 

My centerpiece was inspired by this image from Pinterest.





I found these Mary Engelbreit notebooks at Michel's, which I gave as favors.


All of the other tables look great.  It was so fun to see everyone's Christmas China.  I could not help but think I got the best deal on mine...$20 for a 8 piece setting ;)






Grace and Jeanine who do all of the cooking for events at the church did a fabulous job on the food!  They also made a spiced cider that was so good!  I will be hunting them down to get the recipe!


Sunday afternoon Mom and I went to a Tour of Homes in Chickamauga, Georgia.  Our first stop was  Peggy's log cabin.







So WHIMSY!








Love this chicken feeder on her dining room table.




Love them!  Mom and Peggy have been friends for at least 25 years!  Peg was too cute in her elf costume, which she made!  She is so talented and creative!


I loved how she had her master bedroom decorated in cream and black with all of the paper ornaments.








This is a letter from Peggy's father to her mother that she had blown up at a copy shop.  I would love to do this.  It is so pretty and sentimental.


The master bathroom is beautiful.  Her husband Terry converted an antique buffet into a functional vanity.   


The next few pictures are from her craft room.  She thinks of the cutest most unique things!  When you leave her house you want to make a stop by Hobby Lobby and just start crafting.






As we were leaving we picked up a sprig of Mistletoe!  Too cute! 


I am sad to say that my camera died right after we left Peggy's.  But the other two homes on the tour were fabulous as well!  We so enjoyed getting to see how other people decorate and got some great ideas along the way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment