Monday, September 23, 2013

Weekend Happenings

It was gloomy in Chattanooga Saturday, so Rich and I stayed in most of day.  I did two quick organization projects.  First I cleaned out our junk drawer.  I did not take a before picture but it looked like most junk drawers... filled to the brim with random pens, tools, magnets, papers galore, and fishing lures!  I didn't have any extra plastic organizers and was not about to go to the store, so I just used some random dishes I had to hold everything.  A 110% improvement!

Next I tackled one of our pantry cabinets.  This cabinet was not full of junk it just was not organized in a way that made sense for day to day use.  Notice I had the paper towels on the top shelf and could barely reach them.  I just moved a few things around and now it is much more functional and I have room to spare.
I also finished this wreath.  Chloe did the hard part last weekend.  She wrapped the wire form in burlap for me and I just added the bow and flower.  I am really pleased with the way it turned out.  I plan on keeping it up for awhile just changing out the bow and flower with the seasons.  

 Grizz and I did watch a little bit of the Florida vs. Tennessee game with Rich.  Grizz was showing his team spirit with his orange bow.  I played more on my phone then actually watching the game.  I never buy apps but I bought Rhonna Designs which lets you add text and cute clip art to your photos.  So far I am happy with my $2 investment!  This the Go Vols...

 That night was Rich's 10 year reunion at Miller Plaza.  It was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed getting to meet all his ol' buddies.  Daniel and Sarah you are my new faves!


Sunday I made some rice crispy treats.  This was the first time I have ever made these. As I was making them it reminded me of my grandmas at Christmas Time.  She always made a big batch.  Anyway mine tasted good, but I dont think I pressed them into the pan hard enough because they were all droopy...  Better luck next time.

After we filled up on treats and were about to go to bed; Rich went to let the dogs out and let a bird in...We spent about 15 mintues trying to get him out!  Luckly he finally flew out the front door and did not make any messes inside.  Don't ask me how he got in our house at 10 at night...  We think he was just admiring my new wreath and just came on in!

 Hope you all had a great weekend...they go by way too fast!  I feel like I never have enough time to just enjoy being home....

I am ready to do the kidding...kind of!


Post a Comment