Thursday, January 12, 2012




The tile is being installed at Twin Brook, and so far I am thrilled with how it is turning out!  The only hiccup we have encountered is that the tile man quoted a standard install, which would have meant laying the tile on the bathroom floor is a straight line and using porcelain or ceramic tile.  I chose marble tile which requires a special blade to cut and wanted it laid on a diagonal which requires a lot more cuts...who knew...So what seemed like easy choices for me meant more work for the tile man equaling a bigger bill for Rich and Callie.  Lesson learned: Always ask lots of questions and assume nothing. At least he told us before he began the work.

   Dad and Christopher added a second shower head and moved the existing head to a new location.  I had Rich build two insets for bath products in hopes of not having a shower caddy.  I do not consider myself a person with a lot of clutter, but even so I am trying to cut back and only have out the things I need rather then multiples of shampoo, condition, and face wash.
 
Here is a peek at what the tile looks like so far!

 

I think that the shower floor is going to be my favorite part!

 I have not had that much to do around Twin Brook, which has been nice because I have been working on fun projects.  This is the door to my built in ironing board; one of the few original things I loved about the house.  I am painting the panels of the door with green chalk board paint.  I thought it would be fun and unexpected!

P.S.  I am taking Rich on his first IKEA trip Sunday.  We are going to look at kitchen cabinets.  I want to go pull and tug on them and test their durability.  I have done some research and most people have been very please with the quality but I want to see for myself, as I am still skeptical.  









2 comments:

  1. I saw your posting on the ikea Ramsjo cabinets and those are the ones I like as well, next week I'm going to get mine.the other ones were way to plasticky-as well..can't wait to see your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree all of the other options were to shiny and fakey looking... I would love to know how yours turn out! Are you guys installing them yourselves? We are hoping to order the first of April and we planning to install ourselves...Any tips would be appreciated!

      Delete