Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Unexpected Find

I stumbled across these great pillows today at Home Goods! I have been wanting some like this for a while now and I was so excited to find them at a reasonable price!




I really like this one on my new loveseat. It breaks things up a bit with all of the pillows that came with the sofas things were beginning to feel a little too matchy matchy.



Although these pillows are not made of real grain sacks, the one above comes the closest with the colored stripes down the middle. In the 18th century farmers relied on these colorful stripes to distinguish one farms sack grain from anothers, sometimes the sacks would even have hand stitched initials or the family crest embroidered on them.


For now this little crown has found a home on our bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment