Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bybee Pottery

Rich and I received a pleasant surprise the other day...another wedding gift!  Buried in a box along with a million packing peanuts, I carefully unwrapped each of the pieces of pottery below.  The pottery is from  Bybee Pottery located in Middletown, Kentucky.  Bybee has been in business since 1809, and the original log building where the company got its start still stands as a landmark in the small town.  Each piece is made from clay mined right outside Bybee and is hand thrown on a potters wheel.  I really love all the pieces!  They are very much my style and I love the green and white color combination, but best of all they can be used in the oven or microwave and are dishwasher safe!   






After I saw their signature BB on the bottom of the pottery I knew I had seen this somewhere before...  Turns out my mom has made a trip to Bybee and has a couple pieces in the cabinet. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment