Monday, July 11, 2011

Working Hard

We worked all weekend!  Rich is not pictured because he was busy working on his truck, getting it ready to haul construction materials.  I am not pictured because I am usually supervising and telling people what to do.  Haha just kidding kind of....I really have worked hard--I hope I can last the next couple months!

Here is what things looked like when we left on Sunday....

I had a friend tell me that I made taking wallpaper down so easy...well take a look at this.



The powder room wallpaper did not come off well at all.  Chloe stripped the pattern off and thought we would be able to just peel the backing off like we did in the dining room, no such luck!  We are having to scrape it off with a putty knife...a very tedious process.


Christopher removing base boards.


Chloe running the tile remover on the nasty foam backing that stuck to the floor when we pulled up the "game carpet"


Here is the kitchen., as you can see we have a very stylish grey back splash.


This is the result of taking off one tile...not good!!!  A huge chunk of dry wall came off.  I really don't know how we are going to get around this problem, I think we are just going to have to replace the dry wall in here. 

This week we hope to start ripping up tile, pick paint colors, remove more staples from the floor, and continue taking down base boards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment