Saturday, August 6, 2011

Paint

Although I did not do any manual labor today I did pick paint, which is huge!  My " A Team" knocked out the new drainage system and hopefully our water problems are behind us!


Benjamin Moore- Galveston Grey for the outside of the house.  The soffets will be a off white color and the shutters and the front doors will be navy. 


Benjamin Moore- Manchester Tan for almost all the walls inside the house.  When I say almost all the walls I mean everything but the man room and powder room.  Rich will be picking his own paint color...for his room and I think I am going to do wall paper in the power room, nothing to crazy...!


Benjamin Moore- Acadia White for the trim and all the doors inside.

So while the girls were picking out paint and doing a little shopping the boys "got her done."


Rich, Christopher, and Dad dug the trench, laid down pipe, and solved our water problem!


The 160ft trench...



This is such a huge thing to mark off our list!  I know the boys are glad it is behind them because it was so labor intensive!  They did a GREAT job!

Earlier in the week Rich tore down the old deck and mom and I are going to use the weathered wood to make outdoor tables.


As I mentioned we did a little shipping today.  Tile for the master bath?  I like it, but Rich was not a huge fan.


Rich did like this tile for the back splash in the kitchen. His exact words were, "I really like this, I hope you choose this one!"  I think I will!


As you can see I am going with a very neutral color palette.  The fact that I chose tan walls instead of white is huge! I just like the fact that with neutral walls you can change all your decor with out the chore of painting, and I like the clean fresh look it gives!  We have so much more to do but we are on our way...I hope we are in before Christmas..at least that's our goal!  Thanks again to my "A Team" and my two decorators! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment