Sunday, September 11, 2011

Powder Room

This is what it looked like when we purchased the house, lots of stripes.


The stripes came down...


and the bead board went up!  Rich's dad Ron got the job started, and my papaw finished it this weekend.


Looks good doesn't it!  It still needs to be painted, and the moulding needs to go up, but I am waiting until I get the wallpaper up before we put that on.  Yes, I said wallpaper!  I have never had wallpaper in any of the houses I have lived in so this should be exciting.


I am putting wallpaper back up because the walls are in such bad shape.  The paint in here bubbles up and peels off...this house has the worst paint ever!  Also look at the wall above...really...!  The previous owners obviously did not care much about the looks of their home.  Yes, a mirror will cover this, but who patches like that?!?  I worked on getting this cleaned up and smooth so the wallpaper will go on properly.  I have yet to decide on the wallpaper, but it is not going to be anything crazy.


We still have a ways to go before we are complete, but I do know that I want to use a pedestal sink of some kind.



  I am definitely going to get some of these HOT and COLD knobs, so cute!



Tomorrow I am meeting with a fireplace guy to see what he suggest for this monstrosity and how much is will cost to get it looking half way decent.  I am thinking stacked stone, something like these pictures.





I will let you know how things go.  Hope you have a fabulous Monday!

1 comments:

  1. I've always wanted one of those hot and cold knobs....definitely getting them when I get my house!

    ReplyDelete