Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Update

What a weekend!  Most people try and get in some R & R on labor day weekend, but we went full blast!  Thanks to our wonderful family for working over the weekend to help us get things marked off our never ending "to do" list.


The rotting soffets have been replaced and new gutters have been put up so hopefully no more leaks. 


This is a picture of our backyard.  It needs work obviously, but I love the privacy the over grown hedge gives and I hope I can make that little shed cute one day.


Chloe and Jenny painted almost all the ceilings!



The living room panel wall before.


Wall in progress.  Rich and his dad worked on putting some extra studs in so we can nail up our tongue and groove paneling with ease.


The scraping continues...no futher comment....


While we were getting lots done inside mother nature was hard at work outside.  We got around 10 in of rain, the most this area has EVER gotten in a 24 hour period!  So our little drainage system got a work out and unfortunately we do not have the water problem solved...  We were hoping to put our hardwoods down within the next 2 weeks but with all the rain and some new leaks to fix that has been put on the back burner.  Rich and I were pretty bummed that we still had water coming in under the house.  But as my dad said, "this is a blessing in disguise," because we the best wet weather test we will probably ever get so at least we know what areas need fixing. 


My sweet dad bought us a water pump to help with the big puddles!  I hope we can get the water under control and get things dried out soon. 

I am getting anxious to get my floors down, paint, and get in!  Haha we have so much more to do, I guess I am just going to have to take a chill pill!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment