Monday, October 5, 2015

Weekend Happenings

It literally rained almost all weekend and temps were in the 50's!  I loved every second of it....I finally had an excuse to wear my rain boots,over-sized sweater, and make a Target run...with the cliche Pumpkin Spice latte in hand lol!  It really was good!

Friday started off with a Chili Cook Off at work.  I made white chicken chili.  Similar recipe here.  We had a total of 9 participants.  It was so fun to taste all the different chili.  They each had their own twist and flavor.  We have several hunters in the group so I tried Elk and Venison and believe it or not, it was good!

The vultures lined up and ready to dig in!  Just kidding, this group of guys is the best!


My entry...I got two votes...the competition was legit!


The Chili King!

 

Friday night we had a family dinner to say good bye to my grandparents as they headed to FL for the winter.  I sadly only snapped this photo of my moms porch decor and flat marshmallows.  Did you know they made flat marshmallows these days?!?



Saturday was low key...I heated up some cinnamon rolls and ironed while watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman!  This was one of my all time favorite childhood shows and just got added to Amazon Prime haha!


We then braved the rain and headed to the movies I literally do not know the last time I went to see a movie in the theater.  We saw Black Mass which was underwhelming to say the least.  The only reason I came out liking it when it was over was because it was based on a true story.  Don't waste your time going to see it in the theater.

Hope you all had a great weekend!


1 comments:

  1. Oh I wish I knew you were making white chili! My recipe would've been a winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete